- There are different opinions even amongst Christians about whether or not Mosaic dietary laws apply to Christians
- Our objective is NOT to win an argument, but to know the truth
- The Laws given to the children of Israel relating to clean animals (which they could eat) and unclean animals (which they could not eat) can be found in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14:4-21.
- What reasons can we deduce from scripture as to why God gave these laws?
- Leviticus 11:44; Deuteronomy 14:2; Deuteronomy 14:21
- What about Genesis 9:3?
What does the New Testament Say About Clean or Unclean Foods?
|Peter’s vision – what was this about?||Acts 10:9-16|
|What impacts on our holiness?||Matthew 15:11; Romans 14:17, 20|
|Are Christians subject to Mosaic dietary laws?||Matthew 5:17; Romans 14:14; Colossians 2:16-17; 1 Timothy 4:1-5; Titus 1:1|
|Does this mean we should eat anything whenever we want?||1 Corinthians 10:23-33; Romans 14|